Leverage Every Escrow
Our clients often ask us for ideas on how they can create added value during the Escrow process. Most agents have a paperwork checklist that they follow but many don't have a process checklist that includes marketing and customer service. Here are some suggestions for getting the most leverage out of every transaction.
- Send a letter to your client congratulating them on getting to Escrow. Explain the Escrow process, their responsibilities, due dates and the contact information for the people who will be involved in making sure that the deal closes.
- Have your transaction coordinator call and introduce themselves to your client.
- Send a letter titled: "How to Prepare for an Inspection" if you represent the seller.
- Update sign rider.
- Update listing status in MLS and on marketing sites.
- Send "In Escrow" mailing or email.
- Comment on your success on FaceBook and Twitter. For example: "After looking for 3 weeks my clients are in escrow on their first home. They are soooo excited!"
- Update client contact info in database. Record date of sale and client birthdays. Add client to a past client follow-up plan.
- Add contact info for the client on the other side of the deal to your database.
- Ask for testimonial.
- Ask for referrals.
- Scan completed file to disc.
- Send closing gift and copy of the transaction file.
- Send thank you note to the cooperating agent.
- Send Just Closed post card or email
- Comment on your success on FaceBook and Twitter.
- Update listing status on MLS and marketing websites.
- Log revenue and expenses into your tracking system.
Hopefully these ideas help you get the most leverage out of every transaction you complete.